Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Ephesians 2:8-10

Hi Everyone!
Haven't posted in a long time... eh but what else is new? Anyways someone asked me (a very long time ago, oops) what was my opinion on Ephesians chapter two, verses eight through ten. which states:

"8. For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God

9. Not of works, lest anyone should boast.

10. For we are his workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should work in them."


In my opinion-


verse 8. For by grace... through faith
I think grace is the base for which God saves the sinner and faith is the medium for which the believers receive salvation. (vea- Romans 3:24)


verse 9. Not of works
Salvation is NOT by what we can do (no matter how good we are) for if it were by good deeds it would exclude the divine grace.
verse 10. His workmanship...
The believer is a new creation (vea- 2Chorithians 5:17) created by God for his Glory.
Good Works- Salvation is not by deeds/works (vea- verse 9) but it is evident that good deeds/works are the fruit of salvation (vea- James 2:18)
Well there you have it,God bless and stay faithful!

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Thanks! That was really clear!
Drop by my blog sometime! Anytime, LOL.

God is really good!
Wow, I used to be pentecostal.
Well, I used to be every religion.
Currently I am attending a baptist church, but my "Home" is a faith spirit filled church.
I have found the different sects of Christianity very fascinating. It's amazing how something that comes from the same place can have so many different interpretations.

god bless!
Jillian Jett

Zaniac said...

Lovely post!

I've been anxiously waiting.

Thanks for posting on my blog too, Uri.

You're working hard to do your best (which you have obviously done) and I appreciate that.

See you, and may God bless,
Zaniac.